It was my birthday at the beginning of the month and I’ve seen posts like this before, but instead they’re ‘24 things I’ve learnt in 24 years’. I’ve made mine a little bit different, because it’s been the hardest year for me so far and that really is common knowledge. From moving out, to crashing my car, to being car-less in the snow many miles from work, suffering terribly from anxiety and everything else just going against me. It feels like from September time my year of good luck or having no stress has only just started! It’s been the biggest learning curve for me and so that’s why my post is inspired by 2018.
1. Not everyone will like you, and that’s ok. You don’t need to like them either.
2. Family is everything.
3. Your guts never lie.
4. Cable ties are under rated. Do you know how many of these have saved me in situations? They held my car bumper on once.
5. A can of Diet Coke is the ultimate hangover cure.
6. And drinking flat full fat coke will make you feel better when you’re ill.
7. Talk about mental health, please.
8. And pay attention to what your body is asking for. If your body wants to sleep, then you should sleep. If your skin is breaking out then you should take better care of it. If your hair is breaking off then you should deep condition it more often.
9. Age doesn’t equal maturity.
10. Sometimes, fear is lying to you. Do the thing.
11. I have nailed how to make the perfect crispy (but soft and fluffy inside) roast potatoes.
12. Nothing is quite as good for the soul as travelling is.
13. Never forget to take your make up off before bed.
14. If you think it’s acceptable to litter, it makes you a massive arsehole.
15. Karma is real. And you should do one good thing each day. Whether that’s complementing a stranger or holding a door open for someone, get that good karma.
16. My sister and I should not go out drinking together. We discovered this on her hen do when we waltzed in at 7am.
17. Charity shops are cool as fuck. I used to be embarrassed to go in them with my mum when I was younger!
18. Be open minded. You’ll find out a lot more interesting things about the world.
19. Never judge someone on their past because they are no longer at that stage in their life.
20. To save money on your food shop, use a smaller trolley. Honestly, it works.
21. Cats that come from the same litter are not just siblings, they’re twins.
22. It’s never too late or too early to follow your dreams.
23. Never let others tell you how you should live your life.
24. But, always listen to your mums advice. Because they’re annoyingly right most of the time.
Thanks for reading x